Ontario has a complicated system to compensate individuals injured in a motor vehicle accident. For accidents after September 1, 2010, your entitlement to damages depends on the type of insurance coverage you purchased or was purchased by the at-fault driver. It is extremely important that you retain a lawyer with experience in personal injury to help you recover all benefits and damages available to you.

If you were injured in a collision, hit-and-run, pedestrian accident, bicycle accident, or if you were a passenger or driver of a vehicle, or passenger on a bus or streetcar, you may be able to make a claim for pain and suffering, income loss and medical and other expenses.

Accident benefits

If you are injured in an accident, you can receive benefits from either:

  • your own insurance company, or
  • the insurance company of the vehicle in which you were a passenger, or
  • the insurance company of the other vehicle involved in the accident

You can receive coverage for medical expenses, lost income, damages items and some out of pocket-expenses.


You should also consult us if you have not purchased coverage for Housekeeping or Caregiving Expenses. These benefits may be recoverable from the at-fault party.

Tort claim

The tort claim is the claim you make against the person who caused the accident. You can recover compensation for pain and suffering, income loss and some out-of-pocket expenses.

You should consult us to determine who caused the accident. Sometimes you may be able to recover compensation even if you are partially responsible.

You may also claim for lost income. For accidents after September 1, 2010, you may recover 70 percent of your gross income loss before the date of Trial. After the date of Trial, any income loss is payable at 100 percent of your gross earnings.

If you do not have access to Housekeeping or Caregiving benefits from your own insurer, you may be able to recover these costs in the tort claim.

You should contact us so we may discuss the options to you. We also recommend that you speak with your insurance broker to determine if you have purchased adequate coverage.

You should contact us immediately if you are applying for long-term disability or completing an application for a life insurance claim.

We will complete the forms required by the insurer and provide the required documentation. It can be difficult fulfilling the insurance company’s requirements when you are unwell or after the death of a family member.

We have extensive experience with these types of claims. Sometimes it is a matter of simply providing the insurer with the proper documentation and reports to ensure benefits are paid. In other cases, the language of the policy or the information provided during the application process is unclear or not properly explained to you. Since there are some strict limitations within which you must commence an action, you should contact us as soon as the insurer denies the claim.

Although there have been many advances in product safety, many people are still injured by faulty manufacturing and defective design of products each year. Whether you have been injured by a product you used, or used by someone else, you should consult us. We have experience dealing with product liability claims, and we have developed connections with engineers who will assist us in determining the cause of the product failure.

You should consult us if you have property damage or possessions that have been damaged by environmental contamination. Possessions or property damage incidents can occur through the escape of some noxious chemical or product, or from the discovery of a previously unknown source of contamination. We have developed connections with engineers and remediation experts who can determine the nature and source of the contamination, and repair the damage to you, your property and possessions.

Being bitten by a dog or any other animal for that matter can be a traumatizing experience to say the least. In some cases, bites can lead to disfigurement, pain, scarring and long term physical and psychological suffering.

In Ontario, the Dog Owners Liability Act holds pet owners responsible and accountable for any injuries sustained as a result of a dog attack. Under this law, dog owners are liable for any harm that their dog may have caused.

If you have been bitten and are seeking compensation, do not hesitate to contact us by booking a free consultation.

Making the decision to place a family member in a nursing home can prove to be difficult. Accepting the fact that they are not better off living independently is hard enough. However, finding a nursing home which one can trust to take care of their loved ones can help alleviate this burden.

Though the vast majority of the facilities caring for our seniors do so in a conscientious and appropriate manner, in some cases, you or a loved one may be the victim of abuse or negligence at a nursing home or an assisted living facility.

This negligence or abuse may include, but is not limited to:

- Physical or mental abuse
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Slips and/or falls
- Neglect
- Wrongful death
- Medical errors
- Bedsores

If you or a loved one has suffered from any of the following issues, do not hesitate to contact us to book a free consultation. You can trust that we will manage your case effectively and without delay. Our team of experts will guide you through the litigation process and ensure that you will get the compensation you deserve to help you move forward.

While all businesses in Ontario must provide a safe environment for both their employees and patrons, restaurants, bars and taverns have additional responsibilities which must be accounted for. Since most of these establishments serve alcohol, they are obligated to comply with the Ontario Liquor License Act. In addition to this, the staff at such establishments must also be certified through Ontario’s Smart Serve program. Due to these regulations regarding the serving of alcohol, bars and taverns can be held liable for an intoxicated patron’s actions if they served them without regard for the policies set out by the OLLA and Smart Serve.

For example, if a bar serves alcohol to an individual who is already visibly intoxicated and the individual causes injury to another person, the bar may be held liable for the damages which they caused. Our lawyers have experience dealing with claims of this nature as well as expertise to make sure that you get the settlement that you deserve. If you or a loved one has been affected by the negligence of an establishment serves alcohol, give us a call or send us an email to book a free consultation.

The Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) is an Ontario government agency which works to provide compensation for workers who are injured while on the job. The WSIB claims process is generally a straightforward one; however contested claims may at times require legal assistance.

As well, under the Occupational Disease and Survivors Benefits Program, workers affected by certain illnesses as a result of their work can claim additional benefits. These conditions may include, but are not limited to:

- Cancer
- Asthma
- Asbestosis and Silicosis
- Inhalation of substances and fumes
- Noise-induced hearing loss

As well, if you are a spouse or dependant of an individual who has a died as a result of a workplace injury or illness, you also have the right to claim survivor benefits through the WSIB. This support includes:

- Survivor payments (lump sum and monthly benefits)

- Funeral and transport costs

- Bereavement counselling

- Support for spouses wishing to rejoin the workforce

If you or a loved one have been affected by a workplace accident or injury and are looking to have a lawyer on your side to help guide you through the claims process, don’t hesitate to book a consultation with us now to discuss your options. We will work to the best of our ability to ensure that your claim gets handled in the most prompt and proper manner so that you can move forward.

Professionals are often called upon by individuals as experts in their respective fields. Trusted individuals such as your engineer, your lawyer, your accountant or your dentist can all qualify as professionals, due to their knowledge and proficiency. However, mistakes do occur and sometimes a professional must be held accountable for any negligent actions on their part. If you are the client of a professional and believe that their negligence has contributed to damages that you have sustained, do not hesitate to contact us and book a free consultation with one of our lawyers. We ensure that your case will be handled with professionalism and diligence and that we will do our best to help you move forward.

Snowmobiles, ATVs, boats and other outdoor recreational vehicles play a large part with regards to seasonal activities in Canada. Often these vehicles are used not only for transportation, but for recreation and amusement. Due to this, accidents associated with the use of these often do occur and can have many underlying issues and complications which our lawyers can help guide you through. Our lawyers have decades of combined experience dealing with personal injury claims and can address many unique issues that are associated with watercraft, snowmobile and ATV accidents. Factors that may further complicate a claim of this nature may include, but are not limited to:

Vehicle condition: Recreational vehicles are often not subject to the same safety standards as cars, thus they are often operated in varying conditions which may contribute to an accident occurring. As well, an owner not properly maintaining their vehicle may be held liable for any damages caused due to their lack of maintenance or equipment failure.

Licensing and fault: Vehicles of this nature are at times operated by individuals without licensing or experience (as not all operators necessarily are required to be licensed). At times the at fault party can be an individual who was allowed to operate the vehicle with the owner’s permission and can be a child or an inexperienced user

Insurance: Recreational vehicles such as ATVs, snowmobiles and dirt bikes are not subject to the same insurance regulations as other vehicles. As well, if they are operated on private property they do not need to be insured, which can lead to complications with regard to getting compensation.

Intoxication: Because of their recreational nature, accidents involving the operation of vehicles such as snowmobiles and ATVs often have the consumption of alcohol as a contributing factor. If this was the case those serving alcohol, the owner of the property and/or the operator may be held liable for damage or injury.

Due to the unique nature of every accident, we strongly encourage you to contact us in order to book a free consultation. Our team will help to guide you through the options you may have available. We ensure that your case will be handled with professionalism and diligence and that we will do our best to help you move forward.


I had never been in an accident. I had badly injured my shoulder. I felt so overwhelmed and anxious. I had no idea who to choose to help me.

When we met you were so patient and considerate. You answered my questions and gave me an idea of what lay ahead. You had a number of positive references so I felt comfortable choosing you.


My arm and hand were injured very badly in the accident. I received some treatment and some benefits from my insurance company, but life was a struggle. I was still in pain and I couldn’t really use my hand.

Once I hired you, you introduced me to great physiotherapists and doctors. You were able to convince the insurance company that my injuries were catastrophic and I could get up to $1 million in medical and rehabilitation. After so many years, I was finally able to get the treatment and support I need.

M. Leena